Kitty Ears

creepyowl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I got Emmett he had ear mites. I took him to the vet and got stuff to clear them up. It took awhile and had to try two treatments to totally get rid of them. He doesn't have them anymore, but every now and then his ears bother him. I took him to the vet about it and I have to put more drops in his ears to clean out the junk that is built up in there.

Thing is with all his ear treatments he doesn't let me touch his ears. Its hard for me to do anything with him. Clipping his nails has reduced me to holding him for dear life while he bites the clipper as I try and clip.

Any suggestions on how to get Emmett to realize he isn't going to get drops in his ears or nails cliped when I want to pet and cuddle him?

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's just going to take some time. I would pick him up and just talk to him, and pet him once or twice, tell him he's a good boy, and then put him down. Even if you just pet him while he's on the ground, after ahwile, he will realize that not ever time you want to pet him, you are going to do something to him.