Kitty Daycare… Sort of!

ObeseChess

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello again!

I realize this is a bit specific but there are so many of you here that I figure it’s worth asking.

I adopted Sassy about a year and a half ago when I was living with my mother. Sassy had lived in that neighborhood her whole life and was left on the street by her previous owners. She is 12 years old now. A few months ago, I moved into a new place, my mom is still at the same house that Sassy lived in for over a year.

My new apartment does not have a/c and the temperatures are supposed to get into the mid-100s next week. Sassy is black and VERY fluffy. My moms house - which, again, Sassy lived in for over a year, hanging out with my mom, who works from home - does have A/C.

how disruptive would it be for me to bring Sassy over to my moms place to visit for a day or two until the weather cools off again? Has anyone ever done anything like this?

thank you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ObeseChess

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
haha, only room for Sassy, but no, no other pets in the house at all!

I think my mom misses her fluffy coworker, too, so I’m confident that’s part of her motivation for offering!

JulietteTruong

Sassy but sweet calico girl
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, that sounds better than roasting in extreme heat! I always feel so bad for my kitty when it gets super hot because of all the fur she has. Cats definitely get hot too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ObeseChess

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, that sounds better than roasting in extreme heat! I always feel so bad for my kitty when it gets super hot because of all the fur she has. Cats definitely get hot too.
Yeah, it was in the mid-nineties a few weeks ago and I could tell she wasn't having a great time. Another ten degrees over that is going to be tough. Sounds like Sassy's going to summer camp!