Kitty Collars

alicat613

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Spooky

I have elastic collars for my kittens, but they never wear them since they are indoor cats and they have no chance of getting outside. (We live in a condo and they would have to get past 2 doors if they ever ran out of the front door).

Is it ok that they don't wear their collars? We put them on only when we take them to the vet. Also...we don't have name tags on them since they won't get outside...should we get them just incase for later on?
Yes! I unfortunately learned this the hard way. My cat also never wore a collar. She didn't seem to like it, and since she was an indoor cat and never tried to get outside AND she had to go out 2 doors as well....she had no collar and now I have no cat.

We let a friend stay with us, and depite being told to be careful with the cats, he somehow managed to let my best kitty in the whole world out. Idiot that he was, he didn't even notice. So I didn't find out until I got home 5 hours later. I searched for days and days and weeks into months, but no cat.

I only wish I'd made her wear a collar. That cat was the best kitty I've ever had. She used to hold my fingers with her paw, and would just purr like crazy if I even touched her. She would've gotten used to that collar, but I'll always be torn up over losing her.

Now my cats wear collars and are microchipped.