Kitty Claw Injured?

SukiSuki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does Suki's claw look injured or just too short? So I trimmed her claws yesterday so I could put nail caps on her today. Went to put cap on this one and it looks extremely short, and I didn't notice that yesterday. I try to be very careful and not trim too much. Is this from my trimming or could it be something else. Does it look injured to you? I don't think it is bleeding. Should I take her to vet tomorrow, or wait and see? It's kind of hard to get a good pic.

Attachments

Sajast

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It looks like it’s short due to trimming. If you didn’t see blood or have her scream at you like a banshee then you probably avoided the quick. It’s a little too short IMHO and I would hold off on applying a cap for that one. But that could just be personal preference. No need to take her to the vet, it will grow out.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
It is pretty short but I don't see any blood. I don't think it's injured.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SukiSuki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay thank yall! Yes she is not bothered by it at all. It's just so weird. I don't remember it being that short yesterday. I will let it grow out.

SukiSuki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
..and not apply the cap to that one.

SukiSuki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are the caps supposed to look like this? I'm wondering if they're too big for her. I've never done this before.

Attachments