Kittie with chronic diarrhea

Gilgamesh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My purr baby went off her food and also started getting diarrhea.
Went to the vet and long story short she has lymphoma.
She is 14 years old and I have spoken to people who have gone through chemotherapy themselves and their suggestions are not to put the poor girl through that at her age. My goal is to keep her happy and comfortable for however long she is still with me, though at some stage I do realise I will have to say goodbye.
I have gone back to the vet to see if they can just treat the symptom of the diarrhea but they are unwilling to do anything but put her on chemo.
I have put her on the Royal Canin Sensitivity Control dry food and Gastrointenstinal wet food to see if that would help but it has not.
I realise people can't give medical advice on these forums but I would like to know if people have a "non-medical advice" suggestion for the diarrhea.

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would give this article a read before making any definitive decisions: Feline Lymphoma

First off, what type of lymphoma does she have and did you get a definitve diagnosis? Is it the actual cause of the diarrhea or is there something else underlying?

There are several different treatments for lymphoma, not just chemotherapy, that you may want to explore further. Also, chemotherapy for cats is very different to that used in humans. To quote the article I provided:

Most cats will tolerate chemotherapy well and have minimal side effects. Veterinary chemotherapy is designed to extend a pet’s life as long as possible while maintaining a good quality of life. As a result, the undesirable side effects normally associated with human chemotherapy are both less common and less severe in animals.

I am so very sorry you are going through this, sending love :vibes: