KITTENS!

Rebeccabarwickk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, first time grand kitten parent.

I’m just wondering if anyone would have a rough idea what colours the kittens would be?

I’m just curious, as long as they’re healthy I don’t care I’m just wondering what colours there would be potentially as Google gives nothing really

(btw photo of the bengal laid down is when he was younger)

dad is a pure bred BENGAL
Mom is I’m sure is a light ginger DOMESTIC

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sorry, which pic is which and whom?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Dad: bengal
Mom: ginger tabby
wait, so its not mommy daddy son, but just the parents? Middle is daddy as adult, and righty is daddy as young and pretty?

Anyway, kids will tend to be a somewhat inferior copy of daddy bengal. Because tabby is dominant... Although the peculiar bengal spots will detoriate with every generation, and become more and more common tabby spots.

Daddy seems somewhat darker as adult, so kids will tend too to darken up a little with time...
Because daddy is purebred, so all the kittens will get his genes; tabby and black...

Momma has the red gene doubled up, so someone may be a red bengalish tabby.

Theoretically, if both parents are carriers of the point gene (there ARE pointed bengals, the so called snow bengals) - someone could be a point (be a snow bengal look alike).
If both parents carry longhair gene, someone could be a look alike to cashmere cat, ie a longhair bengal.

I suppose someone could be red copy of daddy too...
A red black torbie? I dunno, perhaps.

(the hereditary of red is more tricky than black)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rebeccabarwickk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
you’re correct, photos are dad and mom and kittens have not been born just yet, momma is on 55 days pregnant so due soon!
this is very interesting!
Yes very much potential as momma is a very pale ginger so both parents are fabulous in colours so I imagine we’ll be getting very pretty patterned (and coloured kittens)
Thank you so much for your help, when she has them I will come back to thread and post a photo