Kittens

djmaffeo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
About 6 months ago, mom cat brought her 3 kittens on my back porch. They’ve become my adorable outdoor babies. One of them, Monkey, disappeared for a couple days. She came back but refuses to eat. She is skinny but very vocal as she always was. She’ll let me pet her but will not eat. The other two used to play with her but now they won’t go anywhere near her. What could be wrong with her?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
At six months she may have wanted out to mate and came back smelling like her partner. But not eating can be really dangerous. How long has it been? Check Her over really well to make sure she doesn’t have an injury and se if you can entice her with some chicken baby food or her favorite wet food. If she doesn’t eat by morning or there is any sign of injury she needs to be seen by a vet ASAP.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

djmaffeo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I gave her fresh food and water but she isn’t interested in it. She has both wet and dry food. She is an outdoor cat. I tried to pick her up but she got scared and ran. She doesn’t seem to be hurt. I’m just hoping that she doesn’t have a serious illness. I think it’s extremely odd that the other two kittens won’t go anywhere near her now.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I agree that she came back smelling different from the others for whatever reason. At six months, she definitely could have mated. However, it could be a medical issue or non visible injury as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

djmaffeo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I tried to catch her. She will sit next to me and meow and let me pet her. I thought maybe I’d just scoop her up but I was wrong. The bottom of her mouth looks wet. She still refuses to eat. She tried to rub up against one of the other kittens but they still won’t go near her. I can’t bear to see a cat suffer so I will keep trying to get ahold of her. I’m really hoping that it’s nothing major.