Kittens.

KSV

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There are kittens under my brother’s apartment. Probably their mother is a feral. It happened last year too.

We live in Los Angeles. I have cats, cannot foster.

How to proceed? Thank you.

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
They’re cute! You can trap the kittens and work on socializing them. This thread has some good advice for how to go about that: Any experiences with socializing feral kittens?????

If you see their mom around, you can TSR (Trap-Spay-Return) her.

If you make contact with a local rescue group, they will likely have traps that you can borrow.

Thanks for caring!

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The best thing to do its to catch the mom and babies. Get the mom fixed through a TNR program. Do a search for TNR programs in the area. They can loan you a trap. You will need to start feeding them every day at the same time. That makes them easier to trap. It's best to catch feral kittens at about 5 weeks old. That kitten looks like it is old enough. See if they can eat wet canned kitten food. Then they are old enough to be without their mother. Then they can be tamed. You will need to keep the kittens until the are 2 months. That is when they are old enough to be fixed and adopted. Kittens don't take up much space. You can keep them in your bathroom. I know you don't what to foster, but it's only for a few weeks. Then you can turn them over to a rescue group or a shelter to get adopted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KSV

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How old do these look to you?

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old do these look to you?
I don't know, but it looks like it is at least five weeks. You need to get them young so you can socialize them. After eight weeks, it gets harder.