Kittens with diarrhea

WeMakeADifferance

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The reason I came here is because my kittens are have the runs. I thought it was only one but turns out it was all of them!

He's been almost a week now. Their poop are Brown and runny, and since I started adding the pumpkin 2 days ago now. I see a little hard spot's.

I wasn't feeling well, I'd run out of food. And didn't realize it's changed was going to cause a problem as such!

Not only did they get their dry food changed; because the neighbor allowed me to use his. Which the Milo does anyway. And I feed my babies raw meat, because I believe and have seen the difference between that this and other products.
Not to mention that dry cat food there was using begin putting meat by products in there.
In the store that I live next to you (having no transportation) sells crap cat food!
I'd ran out of this as well. So I substituted by using the best can cat food I can find, suicide it already begin adding in.

I did this for 2 days. And then I knew it was time to get up cuz I had to feed my babies!

I wasn't shocked at first. But when I noticed that the one who continued to have the runs for three four days I started worrying and looking into it.

I looked at the canned pumpkin pie filling. It doesn't have anything added to it! You have to add all the ingredients.

So now, after reviewing everything involved And reading again not to use pumpkin pie filling.

And being broke at the same time!
I really need to know what I am supposed to be doing other than trying to find some place that will see my kittens!

Also the extreme difference in these kittens that were born caused by their mother not coming home I had to hunt her down to feed her cuz I knew she needed the nutrition.

They came out from 6 point something answers to rent. Two couple ounces bigger in between then 2 8 Oz something, with one 9.7 Oz!
A couple of weeks later I noticed that one of the kittens were making was making kind of cute little sounds when it was nursing. Later I discovered it wasn't cute! I decided then and there in order to be able to get this kitten in to have the surgery that was going to need to be able to breathe correctly. I would surrender it! I wanted to keep it on his mother as long as possible; having to learn what it fostering it was. In order to be able to do such thing.

I have to tell you I've had a hard time finding help! Several reasons but I won't go into that now I have to get back to you taking care of my babies! If anyone can help me with this I would surely appreciate it! Thank you

And it's great to meet you all

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It could be the food or it could be parasites or worms. How old are the kittens?

You may need to surrender all of them to a no-kill shelter so they can get fecal tested to see if they need antibiotics or worm meds to clear the diarrhea.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I want to remind, if they have much diarrhea, you should give extra salts. Perhaps using clear pedialyte for babies...

Its no remedy by itself, but it keeps them being OK, so to speak.