Kittens With A Fever Coat/other Kitten Issues

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Have they all been gaining well? A while back one of them hadn't been doing well in the weight-gain department?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MeganD15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have they all been gaining well? A while back one of them hadn't been doing well in the weight-gain department?
Yes they're all gaining well! One of them is almost 350g now. It is constantly nursing lol. One is almost 300g and the other 320g

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
What sweet photos! How are they doing now? Are you recognizing different personalities with the kittens?

MeganD15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What sweet photos! How are they doing now? Are you recognizing different personalities with the kittens?
Oh yes! They have very different personalities. They're starting to want out of the box a lot to explore the pen, but Fiona doesn't like that too much. The darkest one is fairly quiet and timid. She squeaks and chirps if she gets too far from mama. Then the biggest one is very curious. Likes to be out of the box and watching us through the holes in the pen, or tries to stick a paw through. Also loves watching mama at the food dish. Then the other one is a little stinker! Loves to wander when out of the box, then climb on siblings and bite them and mom on the chin!! I think 2 are girls and 1 a boy. I still have a hard time being able to tell unless there is a sack sticking out lol sorry if that was gross

MeganD15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When do I start doing solids/water/litter box? They're starting to spend more time loose in their pen and are really interested in mama's food and water. One kitten was drinking her water today. They were born July 31st.
20180825_105139.jpg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can prob begin.
Use nonclumping litter.

Observe when they change food their poo changes too and momma wont eliminate them any longer.

MeganD15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You can prob begin.
Use nonclumping litter.

Observe when they change food their poo changes too and momma wont eliminate them any longer.
Thanks, guess I'll google and look stuff up. Kind of annoying you start a thread and they all get merged and then no other replies. Also, can you move the other replies in this thread to their own please? They seem like they should be in their own, not mine. Thank you

MeganD15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
20180827_154142.jpg
Wasn't gonna post anything else, but they're cute so changed my mind.
20180827_153852.jpg
20180827_153755.jpg

Last edited:

MeganD15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Feeling frustrated with people who are wanting the kittens when they're ready. The darkest one still needs a home, and a friend is interested. Someone I used to work with asked me if she is still available. I said a friend might take her, but they won't be ready until first week of October or until they're fully weaned/8 weeks old. She started sending me gifs of people rolling their eyes and even said "kittens are a dime a dozen, I'll get one somewhere else!" I said she isn't a couch you're getting on Facebook buy and sell. Sometimes I really don't like people.

MeganD15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kittens have been eating their moms crunchie food....theyre only 4.5 weeks old. I haven't introduced them to solids yet as I couldn't get the right litter for them and I figured they need both at the same time.

Is it bad they're eating dry kitten food? They're still mostly nursing. And they've been tasting her water too.