Kittens Trying To Mate

KittenLoverFoster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently got 3 kittens!! Well a few days ago the male started mating/humping the girls. They are all spayed and neutered. He is also humping stuffed animals and basically everything. How can I deal with this or what should I do? Has anybody else ever has this problem. Also they are only 5 months old and are all panther colored (no special breed I got them from my friend who found them at a few days old. I got them 3 months ago)

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is he constantly harassing the girls? Are they screaming and fighting?

If the girls do not seem too bothered, I wouldn't worry about it. Many neutered males engage in this behavior.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenLoverFoster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
{Is he constantly harassing the girls? Are they screaming and fighting?

If the girls do not seem too bothered, I wouldn't worry about it. Many neutered males engage in this behavior.}

Thank you! They aren’t bothered I was just wondering! Thanks so much

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How recently was he neutered? It may be that his hormones have not calmed down yet.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend's male cat humps the girls. He was neutered years ago. And yeah at 4-5 months kittens do start mating.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Then it is behavioral. Give him a toy to play with when he starts with the females. I think all you can do is try to redirect him at those times. At least he cannot get the gals pregnant!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be that he's saying "I'm in charge."

If he doesn't get the neck grip right, the girls will convince him to NEVER do it again. Seen that. But it is something they can handle. Female cats fight much more seriously than males. He'll catch on.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as it isn't causing major fights, I would just let the cats work it out. Give them all lots of play time so they have something else to think about, too.

Enjoy your kittens, and post some pictures of them, I am sure everyone would love to admire their cuteness :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenLoverFoster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Here is the boy he looks really big in this picture for some reason but still very small I realized in my last post I said they were panther colored but the boys isn’t. Also does anybody know how to take pictures of cats/kittens without making them look 4 times the size?

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might try taking the photo from a slightly greater distance, say a couple of feet away from them. I'd like to see, and never have, pictures with a yard stick right beside the kitty. Sometimes on sofas and chairs it's easier to tell what size they are.