Kitten's Sudden Behavior Change

squirrelymonki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey all
So I have a 6 to 8 month old neutered kitten I rescued named Bandit. This dude was quite the energenic fireball and needed constant movement, interaction and stimulation. Then, last week it was like a switch turned him off. All he really does is lay there flopped over or sleep. His only "excitement" is over mealtime and a refill of his giant water bowl- he's ravenous.
I'm scheduling him in for a full spread with his vet, but I'm wondering if anyone has seen this happen before etc. It's downright weird not having my little guy spazing out until he wears himself out. I'm just overly sensitive to sudden rapid change because I lost two rescued kittens to FIP. Help!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
If he is eating normally and drinking, I don’t think he is ill but definitely a vet visit is called for. I am just wondering if he is staying up more at night than he did before. Sometimes a cat may see a bug or a mouse and stay up all night to stalk it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squirrelymonki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If he is eating normally and drinking, I don’t think he is ill but definitely a vet visit is called for. I am just wondering if he is staying up more at night than he did before. Sometimes a cat may see a bug or a mouse and stay up all night to stalk it.
He's actually eating and drinking so much more. He's always been a steady consumer, but now it's all he's hyped out about and it's all gone in minutes.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
He's actually eating and drinking so much more. He's always been a steady consumer, but now it's all he's hyped out about and it's all gone in minutes.
Possibly while he is staying up all night he isn’t eating during that time. So ravenous in the daytime? Or he is just going through one of those growth things.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squirrelymonki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Possibly while he is staying up all night he isn’t eating during that time. So ravenous in the daytime? Or he is just going through one of those growth things.
I don't know, I thought it might be a growth thing, but it was like turning off a lightswitch. He was bouncing around all night and day and then...nothing. He peps up the twice a day he eats, which is gone in minutes, and he's polishing off multiple huge bowls of water