Kittens need names!

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
Trapped 3 new kittens last week and am struggling to name them. We first thought there were just 2 kittens (boy and girl) and we're going to call them Sawyer and Scout (literary names). But, were surprised with a third! So, now I'm stumped.

There are 2 boys and a girl. I typically like themed name groups. We don't repeat names on a whole and currently have a Finn in the rescue (thinking Tom Sawyer/Huck Finn) so really need some suggestions!

Little girl (Calico)...
She's sweet and playful, though still a bit timid. Was the first to purr. The most confident of the trio.

Little boy #1 (was going to be Sawyer)...
I've dubbed him the baby of the group. He's sweet, but definitely the shyest of the group. Heard him purr for the first time last night. He loves the adult cats in the foster room.

Boy #2...our surprise baby!
He's solid black, aside from a white patch just below his chin.
He is the most vocal of the trio (I've yet to hear a peep from his brother.) Sweet and shy, and a little more laid back than his brother and sister.

Bonus pic [emoji]128521[/emoji]

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Re nr 3.  Some suitable priest or monk, whom was always in black priest robe?   And preferably on S.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I'm going to go Heralds of Valdemar  on you: How about Talia, for the girl, Dirk for boy 1, and Skif for boy 2? (All three are in the Arrows of the Queen  trilogy.)

smile123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For the girl Lady. The little boy #1 Macbeth. The black one Macduff.
From the play Macbeth by Shakespeare.

Last edited:

sifl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Re nr 3.  Some suitable priest or monk, whom was always in black priest robe?   And preferably on S.
The priest robe idea made me think of Friar Laurence from Romeo and Juliet. So for Boy #2 I like Laurence and maybe Romeo for the other boy and Juliet for the girl

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty markings

Bishop for #2   Zorro  #1  Calico  Lily any flower or something delicate...

sorry no theme

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
The priest robe idea made me think of Friar Laurence from Romeo and Juliet. So for Boy #2 I like Laurence and maybe Romeo for the other boy and Juliet for the girl :clap:
Baby #3 does look like he is wearing priest robs LoL!

We toyed with Romeo and Juliet a few years back, but haven't used the names yet. Will add this to my lid of considerations!

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about for # 3 then, Flanagan for father Flanagan,  or Thomas for Thomas Aquinas, Linus for Pope Linus     I really like the name Linus

smile123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you prefer literary or is any themed group okay?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Patches for the Calico

Panda for the Black & White

Panther for the Solid Black