Kittens imminent?

Laneyp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, my beautiful queen is on day 63/4. She started nesting a few days ago but has not nested for the last 2 days. Should I be concerned? Thanks

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi, my beautiful queen is on day 63/4. She started nesting a few days ago but has not nested for the last 2 days. Should I be concerned? Thanks
Its probably OK. She wants to know she does has acces to a good nest, but she dont want to use it too early; in nature they dont want to get their chosen nest smelly, to hide it from predators. So she may even deliver somewhere else, and carry her infants to the nest first after the birth. Leaving the dangerous mess elsewhere.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Laneyp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Its probably OK. She wants to know she does has acces to a good nest, but she dont want to use it too early; in nature they dont want to get their chosen nest smelly, to hide it from predators. So she may even deliver somewhere else, and carry her infants to the nest first after the birth. Leaving the dangerous mess elsewhere.
Thank you. She’s just sleeping most of the time now. I can occasionally see the kittens moving so I’m sure they’re ok. I’m just being a bit over protective I guess!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you. She’s just sleeping most of the time now. I can occasionally see the kittens moving so I’m sure they’re ok. I’m just being a bit over protective I guess!
Whom shall be protective and be observant than you? YOU are the caretaker and Mommy.

Has she dropped? ie seems suddenly a little less pregnant? They dont always drop visibly, but its the common.
Afther she has dropped, its 1-2 days left.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Laneyp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I noticed she was a bit different yesterday. Nit sure what ‘dropped’ looks like but on reflection, maybe she has