Kittens Have Stopped Eating Wet Max Cat Food Chicken???

Gr8fulcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!

I have a question. I have been feeding my kittens for their entire 11 months the same thing; and they have always preferred the wet cat food (max chicken) over the dried food(I know not the best choice..Purina kitten chow).

I use chewy.com and now have a surplus supply of the wet food.

Beginning two days ago they will not eat the wet max food and are going crazy to get the kitten chow dried food.

What is this about????

I have two theories...

A. Cats are addicted to the poor ingredients in the dried kitten chow

B. There is something wrong with this current batch of the wet max chicken

And lastly, perhaps they just want a change.

Suggestions, please...I literally have about 200 cans and more on the way in 6 weeks.

Thank you!

Saf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!

I have a question. I have been feeding my kittens for their entire 11 months the same thing; and they have always preferred the wet cat food (max chicken) over the dried food(I know not the best choice..Purina kitten chow).

I use chewy.com and now have a surplus supply of the wet food.

Beginning two days ago they will not eat the wet max food and are going crazy to get the kitten chow dried food.

What is this about????

I have two theories...

A. Cats are addicted to the poor ingredients in the dried kitten chow

B. There is something wrong with this current batch of the wet max chicken

And lastly, perhaps they just want a change.

Suggestions, please...I literally have about 200 cans and more on the way in 6 weeks.

Thank you!
Dry food is usually coated with a flavouring called Animal Digest, which cats kind find of addictive. It's like kitty crack. It's always the risk of you feed dry food as any part of their diet that they'll end up rejecting the wet because they want another fix of kitty crack.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
How frustrating! My 3-year-old Olive did that. She vigorously ate Only Natural Pet's Turkey pate and then snubbed it after I bought a case. Have you tried any other flavors of canned food? I find Olive gets tired of a flavor after a while and won't eat it, but I can switch flavors or brands around and she doesn't mind it if I wait a bit.

I'd also cancel or put that other delivery on hold until you know if they start eating that flavor again. Good luck, cats are crazy!

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats get wet, and dry. They do get tired of the wet foods occasionally. I keep several brands that i rotate, different brands, different proteins, some minced, some shreds, a little pate. If they get tired of one i put it in back of the pantry and feed others for a month or two. When i bring the rejected food back out they will normally eat it again. :lovecat2:

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe she is just tired of the same flavor.. mine do that if I feed one flavor too much. Maybe cut back on the dry food and try different flavors of the max cat for some variety.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gr8fulcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the replies, I’m going to first try just giving them wet food for the next couple of days and see what happens. Yes I’m definitely going to cancel order.
I have to figure this out quickly because I leave for 5 weeks in less than a month! My roomate will be taking care of them.