Kittens growth chart? Large kitten?

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello!
Does anyone know of any growth charts that would give an idea of how big a kitten will end up being, given their weight/growth? The only growth charts I could find were either for baby kittens or for Maine Coons which I believe grow at a different rate so their growth chart is probably not accurate for a "regular" cat.

I have a large kitten who weighs 5.65 pounds at around 15 weeks old. I'm trying to get an estimate of what his adult weight might be. We're sure his age is pretty correct because my vet estimated his age when I rescued him, and then from that point I tracked his teeth development which was correct for normal development if he was the age the vet had given. I also asked the vet at our last appointment to take a look at his teeth to reconfirm his age and she said their development was right on track for a 12-14 week old kitten. I've heard that kittens generally gain about a pound per month, but looking at his weight records, he's been gaining double that-- but he's not chubby.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's almost 4 months old at 15 weeks - and about a pound and a half heavier.

I think Charlie was about a pound heavier then his age (didn't write it down)

Your kitten will probably go a good 13 lbs, maybe a bit more. Do you have some pictures so we can tell his size/boning?

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a growth chart (but would love to see if one if someone has one). It does sound like you cat will be a larger cat when an adult.

Chloe is going to be 6 months next week and still weighs less than 5 lbs. I think she is closer to 4 lbs than to 5 lbs (I'm not sure what her exact weight is). I think she is just going to be a smaller cat when full grown.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Runt Kitten is almost 6 Pounds and is just a little over 5 Months. My Sistser said her Brother is way bigger then her but weighs less and her Sister is too. My Kitten was half the size of the others when I got her. I would love to see a Growth Chart too and have been trying to fine one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll see if I can get a better photo of him, but this is the most recent photo I have, from Sunday.
I'm not sure how to measure him (length) but he is REALLY long when he stretches out! I've been stretching him in my arms because I've seen them do that in cat shows (I'm entering him in one) and he just S-T-R-E-T-C-H-E-S!

Here is a pic from a week or so ago:

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll try to take a photo of him with me or something, so it's easier to tell his size.

smokiethecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When my female kitten was exactly 3 months old she weighed 3 lbs 2 oz
and on her 4 month b'day she weighed 4 lbs 10 oz. and she's not fat.
February 26 is SPAY DAY and I'm taking advantage of the discount...plus
I'm wondering what she will weigh by then.
A chart would be great......

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My girl has been pretty much a pound a month, the boys were always above that. Farley is 9 months and 12.5lbs.

typix

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wonder the same thing about my Ty. She is 6 months and is over 8 pounds.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitties are 16 weeks old and are almost 5 1/2lbs! I thought that was insane, but they're not fat! Your kitty is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Just a goergous kitty!!

auchick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I remember when my babies (sisters) were 5.5 mo old, Marbs, who is very muscular, weighed 7.6 lb, and Mia, who is flimsy and soft, was 6 lb. No idea what they are now, I will find out next mo at their 1 yr checkup. I would guess Marbs is about 12-13 and Mia is 9-10.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Kitten was born Aug 29th and is 5.11 Pounds now. She is the Runt of the Litter. I wonder how big she wil get? When we went to the Bay Area to get her she was half the size of the other Kittens that were there. I have heard Fcks can stunt their Growth. Her Sister Pancae has it worse then my Oreo but is bigger then her.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went to the vet today for some vaccines. Church now weighs around 6.5 pounds at ~18 weeks old, so he is still gaining nearly a pound every 2 weeks.

iced tei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I really couldn't help here.
Buster's growth made no sense.

We were convinced he was going to be a small cat because he was barely growing. We had him on the best kitten formulas and everything, so we knew he was getting enough nutrients. He was very healthy and everything, he just wasn't growing. He was only around three or four pounds at 5 months. He was very lean and lanky.. And just a little squirt. Then he hit 7 months and had a growth spurt that was almost scary, and he grew a spare tire. He went from a little lanky thing to a big, chubby ball. He's not even a year yet, and he's already 10+ lbs.
Once he loses the spare tire, he'll probably be a pound or two less, though. Darn my boyfriend getting lazy with the feedings.

But yeah, growth is crazy. He was at one point half the length of my thigh, and then BOOM. I can't even lay him on his back on my legs like I used to when he was 5 months and below.
I was sad. But I still love my baby.

miao_kitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
aww! hee looks like a brown version of Shermie!! When Shermie was 4 months, he was about 5 lbs. And now at 10 mos he's just about over 10 lbs. (That's how big Luna was when I adopted her at 1 yr 1/2). Shermie's already taller than her (and longer) So, I think yours may be bigger (what everyone else said around 13lb, maybe slightly more?) I don't know anything about showing cats though, never looked into it myself. Good luck!

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
shinobi is 8 months and weighs just over 9lb and milo is a year old and weighs around 6. they both eat the same amount too.

i thought shinobi was large for his age but obviously not! he does have more of a british blue shape whereas milo looks more siamese. i guess that would make a difference too. also i saw both milo's parents and they were quite small too.

big or small they are all perfect!

ashley45

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
At what age are they considered "full grown" and won't be putting on much more weight? (unless fattened up with feedings....)