Kittens getting diarrhea, could be stress?

Amni Alia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
so hi guys.. I wanna ask some questions again since my two kittens are getting diarrhea.. they're improving a lot after several visits to vet n gain 500g each week..big progress isn't it? but few days ago, we found a black stray kitten without her mom meowing at my house..dk whose kitten..since we can't found her mom, we decided to adopt her.. then yesterday and today we noticed that our two ginger kittens getting diarrhea..their poo is liquidy light brown.. didn't notice any white spot yet that may indicate to worm..I didn't change their diet but recently we gave them midalac goat's milk.. i don't wanna blame the milk bcs our new black kitten's poo is just fine.. I googled for it and it says it may due to environmental stress from getting new housemates.. is this true?

sorry i know there are bunch of grammar mistakes.. I'm not native speaker..hope u guys don't mind them 😅

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Everything is possible. Including new blackie carrying some parasites, but himself symptom free...

Anyway, be sure they get extra salts now.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get some unflavored pedialyte for human infants for them to drink, it has the salts and what they need for diarrhea. It very well could be from stress, or still worms, often you will see no signs as the eggs are very tiny, and they could get them from the mother. changes in food often cause diarrhea too, so be consistent. The goat's milk is usually fine for kittens, but it still is a change and might cause problems if it is something new in their diet. you might try to get some kitten replacement milk and see if that helps. Make sure they are eating kitten food to give them extra nutrition and calories.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Amni Alia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi..my ginger tabby kitten, Jerry is 3 months old. Recently he got a fever, so he loss his appetite to eat kibbles. I feed him with wet food and he didn't refuse to eat it..then yesterday he got diarrhea..i didn't got surprised because I've never give him wet food before..so the diarrhea might occur due to the sudden change of diet..but weirdly today, he suddenly got constipated that makes him refused to eat..i don't know what to do... I'm planning to bring him to the vet tomorrow.. is there any home remedies that can be done?

RoyalRagdolls

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In my experience, usually wet food does the opposite of constipation..
You could try a little olive oil and stimulating the rectum. Sounds crazy but sometimes it just needs a little nudge..

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
If you are going to the vet tomorrow, I would just wait to see what you are told. He is young and has been sick, so vet care first especially since he is alternating diarrhea with constipation and a refusal to eat.

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How long has it been since you switched him to wet?

All combined a vet visit sounds like the best idea to figure out why he had a fever and why he's having these issues now.

In the meantime, make sure there's a few bowls of fresh water, not too close to his litter box or food dish, so he can drink lots to make up for the dehydration from diarrea.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
. Glad you are taking him to the Vet tomorrow. I think that's best.