Kittens Found In Store Room With No Mom

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

chowder

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone, thank you for all the helpful advices.

Ritcher is doing well, he bites a lot though.
Screenshot_20191011-225653.jpg

Screenshot_20191011-225633.jpg

Ps: Any tips to teach/tell him not to bite.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So Ritcher is a feisty little boy! When he bites you yelp. Or hiss. Grab him by the loose skin over his neck, shake not too hard / gently and say NO! That gives him the idea it is very much not appreciated. And is the human version of what his mother would have done.

chowder

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello guys,
Here's updated pic of Ritcher doing well.
IMG_20200310_214042_Bokeh.jpg
IMG_20200310_214032_Bokeh.jpg
yoka_20200310214402.jpg

As mentioned in the previous post, he still bites a lot but now we are used to it. 😂

But recently, he started biting skin and pulling.
He also purrs/makes weird noises while pulling the skin.

To see what he will do, I let him bite my hand then he pulled me to some distance and then started to bite again.

I scold him sometimes by pulling him by ear or skin behind his neck and hiss at him when the pain becomes unbearable.

Did you guys had similar experience or he is trying to tell me something?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He probably needs to be castrated soon! He's about that age where their hormones kick in and he'll turn into an obnoxious tomcat. So that might be the reason for the pulling and weird noises. He looks small for his age so ask the vet when they want to do the surgery.

Orphan kittens are often naughty because they never learned their proper cat lessons. They'll outgrow some of it but he probably won't ever be quite "normal". Just keep doing what you're doing and it should sink in eventually.

chowder

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm sorry to tell you all about it but a week ago he went out as usual and didn't return.
We didn't checked for him as he has been out many times and returned by night.

When we checked with neighbors, we found he went 3-4 blocks away and while someone was backing a vehicle he came under died there and then.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
So very sorry to read this news. You did your very best for the little guy. We invite you to post a tribute to your kitty in our Crossing the Bridge forum if you'd like. We'll lock this thread now out of respect for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.