kitten's dark eyes... it's normal?

helsic

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone!

Here is my situation, I found an abandoned newborn kitten of around a week, he had his eyes closed sealed with a dry shell of sticky discharge, so my guess is that because he was abandoned his mother couldn't clean his eyes, so I cleaned his eyes and I had to take that shell out or he could become blind. After that he got an eye infection and we took him to the vet, the vet gave him some eye drops and he got healthy.

The kitten is now 2 months old so his eyes finally became the real colour, it turns to be very dark and I wonder if it is normal for a kitten to have dark eyes because I have never seen a kitten with dark eyes. Usually kittens have blue, green or yellow eyes and the colours are bright, but look at my kitten, the colour it's very dark.

Do you think it have something to do with his previous problems? maybe his eyed didn't developed well, or I wonder if there's other cats with natural;y dark eyes like mine.

PD: He can see very well.

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
His eyes are beautiful! Cats can have a number of different eye colors, though personally, I've never seen this shade of brown. They may change as he continues to grow and lighten to a more Hazel or Copper color.

Here's a link I found: http://messybeast.com/eye-colours.htm

sunset97

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have never seen that color, but they are beautiful.