Kittens bone seems to stick out from chest unlike other cats

chalupa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have this high energy kitten around 4 months old. I'm really not looking for things wrong but feel like this kittens bone in her chest is wrong. Only became concerned because she starts panting whenever she plays. At first thought it was just the excitement but it happens every time. She loves playing but pretty quickly lies down, but always gets back up panting the whole time. Also noticed she pants when chasing with the other cats. She's full of mischief and I'm always surprised to see her sleepy and calm, although rare, it does happen. I really don't want to drag her back to vet again really soon. We have to go back to get her spayed within a few months and want to wait to check her out then. She eats fine, no coughing vomiting, plays all the time. If I do go back wonder if it's ok to spay her sooner. Anyone have experience with possible chest deformity?

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
It's probably best to take her to the vet before having her spayed to have her checked out. If there is anything wrong, it's best to know that before risking anesthesia.

Some vets will spay a 4 month old - this is often done at rescues and shelters. I think a lot of people like to wait a month or two but 4 months isn't too young.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chalupa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You're totally right to have her checked out before anesthesia, I may get her spayed sooner than later too, if it seems safe to doctor. I just hope it's all just worry. Now wonder what if she can't go under

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Try not to worry (easier said than done). Hopefully the vet will reassure you that everything is fine. It's just best to play it safe! [emoji]128512[/emoji]