Kittens-bengals

Shibapaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Bengal just had their first litter. Their colors are changing everyday is it possible they will go from silver to the moms color? Still too early to call the coat they are only 14 days but the color? ...this is probably the only litter because she was back in heat two days later rare I read? Anyway! Thanks =)

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Whom is the father? Fathers colors?

It will be easier to analyse.

Its quite common they come into heat anew very shortly after delivery, even if 1 week is more common than 2 days.

That is why its necessary to keep studs and fertile toms away from her, even if a friendly stud whom knows her isnt no danger to the kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shibapaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you. Yes, they have seperate areas right now. The father is registered bengal he is spotted blue eyed petite. I will try to get a pic. He is silver so it makes sense but I am anxious to see haha. Because they get new colors and rossettes everyday as they grow. =) glitter coming in too

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Blue eyed? So he is a point? A so called snow bengal?

Lets call lutece lutece whom is much better on color heredity than I.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks StefanZ StefanZ but I am not an expert on Bengal colors... their colors can be different from other cats.

Shibapaw Shibapaw my suggestion would be to talk to the breeders/owners of your female and the male who is the father of the litter. A more experienced Bengal breeder would be able to help you with the colors. The kittens might be silvers, or they might be simply a colder shade of brown spotted tabby compared to their mother (who has a very warm color). Brown spotted Bengals can be a very cold greyish brown, or a warm reddish brown, or somewhere in between. The color and pattern will also continue to develop as they mature.

Are you sure that the father is a silver, or is he a pointed (snow) Bengal? What does his color say on his registration? It would be helpful to post a picture of him, also.