kittens and flea meds, nesting box access

Ruuann

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So i have three kittens (3 weeks tomorrow) and the mother and an uncle cat. I haven't applied flea meds to the mother for a couple of months. I'm pretty sure I still can't as long s she is nursing. Is it OK though to apple the Catego flea meds to the Uncle cat. He does lay in the nesting box with them (I think he babysits while Mom wanders around in the evening).

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can apply Advantage II to the back of mom’s neck and to the uncle. It will not harm the kittens. What product were you planning to use?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ruuann

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
catego

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ruuann

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, I have three kittens with their momma. They were three weeks old yesterday (born May 3). They are starting to stand and walk a little. They are in a box with tall sides but they are standing up at the sides of the box but they can't get out. Two kittens are over a pound and the petite calico kitten is still under but she is more active and seems advanced then the other two (who are a little pudgy!) I have a box ready with a lowered side for easier access. When do I move them into the easier access box? I'm just nervous about them escaping and getting lost!
kittens.JPG

Thanks

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can move them anytime as long as you can contain them in one room with a door, and make sure it is a kitten-proofed room - no hazardous things around. They are getting to the age where they want to explore. A bedroom is usually ideal so they can climb on the bed. They’ll eventually play with balls and toy mice. :)