Kitten won’t drink

CT67

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I have a 9 week old kitten and she has been having milk everyday but will never drink water. She has now stopped drinking the milk I give her and I’m worried she will get dehydrated but she is urinating just the same. She is only on kitten wet food could this be giving her the water source she needs.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would still encourage water when you can, she COULD be getting enough, but pretty unlikely. you could try mixing a little extra water in her wet food and see if she will eat that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CT67

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh that’s a great idea thank you. It’s been a very long time since we’ve had a kitten 😂

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! :yeah:. In addition, try to entice her with some additional water from a water dish, by putting your finger in the water and see if she will lap the water from your finger. This can give her extra water, and make her realize there is a water dish she can drink from.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for giving this kitten what she wants most in this world, a home and someone to love her! Kittens can be a handful, enjoy her energy and wanting to know about everything ( and getting into it). We can help you with any questions you may have.