Kitten with sore gums and bad teeth

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Antonio - just my 'gut feeling' at seeing those two pics.........she appears to be much older than six months. I can't substantiate it....it's one of those 'I know it when I see it' kinds of things.

Do you happen to have a picture from the time you found her?

If I were to 'guesstimate' her age, I'd say she could be upwards of (even) 4 years.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
white shadow white shadow ,
When I rescued her she was tiny, as were her siblings. I thought it was 3 months old tops. And I kept thinking this until I started weighing her regularly. Then the teething was the confirmation of my new thought.
She wouldn't be teething if she was over 6 or 7 months old.

These are the photos of the day I rescued her (December 11, 2019)

IMG_20200225_232433.jpg

My kitten along with her three siblings

IMG_20200225_232630.jpg

My kitten's mother and two brothers

IMG_20200225_232536.jpg

This is her among the garbage bins

As you can see, she was a small cat in December, her mother is an average size cat.
As I told you, my kitten has been teething a month ago, this can't happen at a different age than 4-6 months.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She didn't eat this morning, and the last she ate was last night around 8 pm, so it's longer than 12 hours no eating.
But she's alert, playful, happy and loving. This morning she chased the rubber balls for a long time. Just uninterested in food. Her gums are still sore, despite the application of the soothing gel three times a day (the advice was once/twice a day), her gums are still a little sore and her breath is still bad!

My thought is that she might be in heat... :think: :eek:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took the kitten in at the vets' for another visit a couple of hours ago.
She wasn't eating, but was pooping a lot.

The vet found everything fine, but wanted to run an US scan anyway and saw some food in her stomach. It is likely that her BM are a little slower than normal and her stomach cannot empty.
I had also taken a poop sample and they ran a test and found she has Giardia!

She was given a shot of Metroclopramide and a prescription for continuing it at home along with the tablets for the Giardia.

I hope this is the solution to this problem!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi V verna davies , thanks for asking.

Last night Giada ate a good portion of wet food, then I gave her the Panacur (tablets for the Giardia) and the supplements for her bowels, along with the Metroclopramide (0.4 ml), brand name Plasil or Flagyl.
Same thing this morning, bar the Panacur that is to be given once a day.

She's pretty fine, she played a lot last night and this morning. She also stopped with the runny stools, this morning everything was regular.

The therapy is till Sunday.