Kitten with lumpy belly

Thevikingchick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just got a 3.5 month old girl kitten (she is spayed) and I noticed some lumpy bits that honestly feel like kibbles inside of a sausage casing in her lower abdomen. Touching it doesn't bother her, she eats and drinks water and uses the box like normal. I did notice she's a little more quiet the past couple of days but maybe she's just getting comfortable or just having some low energy days before a growth spurt.

I think it might be food because she's thin? But should I worry? Maybe just monitor her for a week or two see if anything changes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thevikingchick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You can't see it at all, which is good I guess but here's general where it is. It's not as big as the circle maybe an inch and width of a pencil.
20200909_103308.jpg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be the spay scar, but your description of kibbles in a sausage casing make me think it also could be some bits of suture material that haven't completely dissolved yet. Internal sutures (stitches) are made of material that naturally dissolves inside the body, but can take some time to disappear completely. This is normal, too. She's adorable, and looks very tolerant of you poking her belly :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thevikingchick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I spoke to my vet on the phone and this was her thought as wel because she just is so okay being poked and pet. So she's a regular happy kitten 😻