Kitten With Long Fluffy Tail..

Apogee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys,

I have a 5 month old kitten that has long and fluffy hair on his tail. His body has short hair. He has slight ear furnishings and a little bit of tufts on his paws. Will he remain short haired or is there still a possibility for his hair to become medium or even long haired? And if so, when will the hair start to grow longer? I will try to post some good pictures later.

Thanks

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is genetically a longhair, and having this bushy tail he doesnt count as shorthair even now. The only question is if he will be longhair or mediumhair...

He is young, and its high summer (unless you are such an Australian fellow :) )

Wait till he is fully grown, and its winter season, then you shall see!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He sounds to me like a longhair as well. The ear furnishings, toe tufts, and fluffy tail are good indicators. As StefanZ said, the short fur on his body is probably his summer coat. Cats can go through quite a dramatic transformation between the summer and winter months. Check out this thread: Seasonal Changes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Apogee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I still haven't been able to take some pics, but I wanted to mention that my kitten also has puffier hair around his cheeks and lower jaw. It almost looks like Wolverine from X-Men. Why would his hair get bushier in that area?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Apogee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here are some pictures of my cat mentioned above. I was just wondering if his hair will get longer? He is 14 months old now, and these photos were taken 2 months ago.
P3217972 - Copy 100.jpg

P4260143 100.jpg

P5240227 100.jpg