Kitten vomiting

Tasgtb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a new kitten about 7 weeks old, i feed her wet cat food and kitten formula, at about 3 am i woke up to her crying and vomiting, she was cold and a little lethargic, so i put her in a blanket and gave her sugary water to get her blood sugar higher, she's been sleeping from that time and occasionally getting up, it's 5am here now and i will be bringing her to the vet, but i want some advice, since the vet is only there at about 6pm and there isn't a vet emergency close by, do y'all think i should try to feed her? Or any ideas what could be the cause? Also it is possible the formula was a little less warm than usually so maybe from that? I am worried and won't be able to fall asleep

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think she's fine to not eat anything just yet. Keep her warm until. If she acts hungry, offer her a small portion .

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have a new kitten about 7 weeks old, i feed her wet cat food and kitten formula, at about 3 am i woke up to her crying and vomiting, she was cold and a little lethargic, so i put her in a blanket and gave her sugary water to get her blood sugar higher, she's been sleeping from that time and occasionally getting up, it's 5am here now and i will be bringing her to the vet, but i want some advice, since the vet is only there at about 6pm and there isn't a vet emergency close by, do y'all think i should try to feed her? Or any ideas what could be the cause? Also it is possible the formula was a little less warm than usually so maybe from that? I am worried and won't be able to fall asleep
Good this with sugar water, or pedialyte. Continue with this.

Goats milk or kmr are mild too...

Good you are going to the vet, what it is I dont know, but its surely more than a coldish formula.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she wants to eat you can give a small portion to see if she keeps it down. I hope she is better today! Let us know what the vet says.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cold may have upset her a bit, but unlikely. A kitten cannot regulate their temperature as well as an adult so make sure she is warm. they refuse to eat when cold too. A heat pad on low is good, just make sure she can move off of it if she gets too warm. I would offer her a small amount and see if she can keep it down, make sure she gets water/infant pedialyte too.