Kitten Vomiting

Anna Jackson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys. My kitten is 4months old and on a mixed diet, but mainly dry with one serving of wet on some days. His dry food is grain free Acana Grasslands and Meadowlands. Being outside of the U.S. it's really difficult to get grain free canned food in my country so I was feeding him Nature Variety's Pride canned food when I could get my hands on it.

The supplier is currently out so yesterday I went out and got some Friskies which I am typically not a fan of. However since I've started feeding him the friskies, this could just be coincidence, idk, he started vomiting up the dry food, which he was eating all the while with no problems.

The threw up last night and this morning, so I decided to only give him the friskies canned to see if the vomiting would stop and it did.

I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow for a check up, but was just wondering if anyone may have an idea as to why all of a sudden he is throwing up his dry food?

MegAH2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Certain friskees pates are at least wheat-free (but not rice!). I use this off and on. I have no idea about the vomiting, sorry!! It would be a concern though, hope you figure it out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anna Jackson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, he seems to really enjoy the pates, which were the only type I got for him.

Thanks.

Certain friskees pates are at least wheat-free (but not rice!). I use this off and on. I have no idea about the vomiting, sorry!! It would be a concern though, hope you figure it out!

MoonRockyMistyMuffin

I love cats but I'm not lonely
Young Cat
Purraise
This is most likely nothing to worry about. Both my older cats have thrown up from time to time. It is most likely because your cat ate too much or too fast. Either way, you should still take him to the vet just in case.