Kitten Vomiting, But Just One Time

humpampa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi

I have two 5 months old kittens, 1.5 months ago they survived from FPV, their diarrhea has been stopped, and they look active again as usual.

But suddenly tonight one of them vomiting brown liquid like this photo. But after that he didn't vomit again, and he looks pretty normal (stay eating and playing).

Can you please tell me is this still normal? Because I'm so worried.

Thank you very much

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

humpampa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
PS. I'm not sure did he just eat shortly before, because this happened at the middle of night and he has accessed to his food 24 hours.

Soon after vomited, he went to his food and eating again.

humpampa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
UPDATE

He just vomited again like this...

I'm started to be very very worried

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As he has thrown up twice now like this i would have a vet check. I have a cat that will throw up right after eating if he has eaten too fast, but there is not usually this much liquid in the food. Looks more like your guy is vomiting, not regurgitating. I would have a vet check!

what is he eating? wet food dry food?

I hope it is nothing serious, do keep us updated!

humpampa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi duckpond duckpond thanks for your reply

I just came back from the vet, and the vet checked their poop, unfortunately I got bad news

Their intestine contains a lot of bacteria, the vet said there are 2 probabilities: because of the environment (I wish not because they never leave my house, and I watch their food and drink carefully) or because the FPV virus still left in their bodies

The vet asked me to watch them carefully, they gave me some medicines, vitamins and antibiotics

I wish they're going to be okay...

humpampa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
PS. the other kitten even though didn't vomit, but she actually trying to vomit a lot but nothing come out. Fortunately in the vet she was trying to vomit again, so the vet realized she also has the same problem

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will keep you guys in my thoughts. Hopefully the medicines the vet gave them will take care of the problem, and they will be fine soon! Do keep us updated on them, we will worry too.

humpampa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi duckpond duckpond thank you very much for your support

Last night I brought one of them to the vet (the kitten who vomit a lot), because the vet said he had vomited too much (I kept contact with the vet via phone every time the kitten vomit) :(

He got blood test and FPV test again, the result said his blood condition is ok, but the FPV test still showed positive result. The vet said there is probability he has infection on his stomach

Now he currently been treated in the vet, wish the best for him