Kitten Treats

Catowner211

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! I currently have a two month old kitten on my hands, and i was wondering if it was safe to feed my kitten “Delectables Squeeze Up”. I’m not sure if they are safe and I want to help reward my kitten as needed. Thanks in advance!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello! I currently have a two month old kitten on my hands, and i was wondering if it was safe to feed my kitten “Delectables Squeeze Up”. I’m not sure if they are safe and I want to help reward my kitten as needed. Thanks in advance!
Hello C Catowner211 and small one, and welcome to TCS! This is just my personal response, not to be taken as "official" and I am not a veterinarian. That brand has products which are notorious for having caused serious health problems, so I would never buy anything of that brand, period.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All treats are safe for kittens IMO but many have pretty junk ingredients and some brands are ones that you should avoid such as Hartz. I'd stick with healthy treats as rewards such as freeze dried meat treats or even small pieces of plain cooked chicken.

Rewards don't have to be food either. A new toy, a sprinkle of catnip, combing the fur, etc can be used to reward a kitten and reinforce good behavior.

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have been giving my kitty Inaba Churu squeeze up treats since she was a kitten. I usually give her freeze dried treats, for health reason, but the squeeze ups are perfect for brushing sessions. She hates being brushed but I can induce her to stick around if I brush her while offering her a squeeze up. As a once a week treat, it's totally worth it for us