Kitten trapped under the door

CatKitten1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Kitten Poe who I’m giving away to his forever home in two weeks got trapped under the door when I was saying goodnight to my mum he is gray and black and the floor and lighting in question was dark and I didn’t see him and as soon as I heard his cry it broke my heart I picked him up gave him reassurance checked to see if he was ok and he can climb run walk but he does have a limp so we are keeping an eye on and making sure he gets plenty of rest do any of you have anymore advice for me?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatKitten1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
as I’m only 15 I have asked my mum and she has said as long as he rests for now,no running round and keep an eye he will be ok and will get a bandage on but I’m just worried about him

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
A bandage isn't going to be of any use, I'm afraid. If he has any broken bones they will need to be properly set by a vet. A bandage can be used to cover an open wound temporarily, but cats usually tear off bandages unless they are the surgical adhesive bandages that vets use.

Keep him quiet for now and don't let him run around too much. If he starts vomiting, panting, passing blood, has diarrhea or starts drooling you need to call an ER vet. This will be more expensive than taking him to your regular vet during surgery hours, so if it were me I'd take him to a vet right now for a check up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatKitten1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi thank you For your advise today he has stopped Limping and doing all the stuff he did before so we don’t think it is serious but we are still gonna keep an eye on him