Kitten Tracking Litter/Poop Around the Room...Help!

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, everyone!
I feel like I post every day with new questions... Hopefully, it's not too annoying.
Willow has been tracking litter and (this is about to get pretty gross) poop around my room. She has somehow managed to get poop on her paws and track it all over the floor and my bed and my newly cleaned sheets. I cleaned her paws, but neither of us enjoyed it.
I have also found small, round pieces of poop across the room from her litter box... I don't know if she is intentionally taking them out, or if it's somehow an accident?
I really want this to stop. It's an inconvenience, to say the least, to keep changing my sheets every day. I have resorted to putting trash bags all on my bed to keep her off.
Any tips or advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thank you!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I doubt that she's intentionally moving poop around the room. IF she is long-haired, it may be sticking to her fanny and dropping off. IF that is the case, ask your vet about a "sanitary trim," which is pretty much what it sounds like, shaving the fanny fur off short. If not, do a quick google search for "cat litter box mats" and you'll find a wealth of products that are designed to catch litter before it is everywhere. Most of them look as if they might knock off any stuck poop on the feet, as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you SO much!!!
She is a long-haired, so I'll look into both of those options :) Thank you!!!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She has somehow managed to get poop on her paws and track it all over the floor and my bed and my newly cleaned sheets
The poop she is tracking around from her paws could be because it is too soft and she is getting it on her paws when she tries to cover it? Check the consistency of her poop to see. It also could be because she is walking through it when she leaves the litter box, so, you might consider trying a larger litter box that might better enable her to avoid her 'deposits'.

SAVANNALP

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I use walnut litter and I feel like the tracking is minimal! And it doesn’t smell bad :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The poop she is tracking around from her paws could be because it is too soft and she is getting it on her paws when she tries to cover it? Check the consistency of her poop to see. It also could be because she is walking through it when she leaves the litter box, so, you might consider trying a larger litter box that might better enable her to avoid her 'deposits'.
That does make sense. They're pretty soft. Thank you!