Kitten sucking "thumb"

Misschelle291

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A little backstory (because who doesn't love a backstory with adorable pics anyway?)
My husband found this lil dude under a truck in his work parking right the day after Mothers day! So ofc, I got to keep him :) 58f465e7-28a4-489a-9de6-e8b3036f39c8.jpg

Took him straight to the vet since we had never had a kitten this little (btw, we named him Little, lol). They said he was about 3 weeks old and helped us get him started on a bottle. He grew quick and happy :)
part0.jpg

Got a weird possessiveness over socks. Any sock.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
So adorable. If he isn’t sucking the fur off his paw or creating a sore, it okay and something he will likely grow out of. If it is causing problems for him you might get him a fuzzy blanket to nuzzle and knead on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Misschelle291

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I tried to edit this to finish my post but I guess I'm too new lol

The question of whether or not this would hurt him is the fact that a family member told me that his little thumb claw could come off while he was sucking on it and choke him so now I'm worried about THAT.

Warning: cute thumb sucking video :)
And some ferocious-ness in case you get the wrong idea. He's not that sweet all the time! Lol

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. Little is a total cutie pie. :purr:
I see FeebysOwner FeebysOwner has posted with a couple great suggestions. Hopefully one of them will help with Little.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Misschelle291

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Try substituting a blanket or even a sock, since you mentioned them - maybe even put a little cat nip in a sock. If that doesn't work, there are pillows with nipples on them that you can buy on line. He might like that!

View attachment 307813
The sock idea is amazing! I already know he will love it! Like I said, hes obsessed with socks for some reason lol

Thank you!