Kitten sheds?

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My wife is sensitive to cat fur as it makes her sneeze. Got air purifier.
Tried combing the hair but don't see any on my little kittens of 2 mths plus.
But when I use the glove type and go through their fur. Lot of fur soft one are coming off.
Is using the glove the correct way with kittens?
My comb is the needle brush type.
do kittens shed as their hair looks not much..
Also they had bad case of ear mites. So revolution dose given. Seen groomer after few days to bath and ear wash last Thursday.
Ears looked clean after grooming.. Today notice again the ears dirty.
So are these the deep ear dirt coming out now or new mite case?

Last edited:

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For long or short haired kittens? For short haired cats I swear by longs rubber brush (shaped like a cat.) It is fantastic! For long haired cats the pin brushes with the little balls at the tip of every bristle.

You can greatly reduce your wife’s allergies by doing a quick vacuum every day & keeping the kittens/cats out of your room. Also they sell a dip that you apply once every week to the cat. It makes the cat’s dander stick to their hair instead of just free floating around your house.

Take tons of pictures & short videos; they grow up so fast!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi can you post a picture of the brush?
I use the glove below which removes the hair for the kittens better. But got to it outside as the fur starts flying around.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suljas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is how much my 2.5mth kitten fur is taken uding the glove. Thought kittens do not shed now at this young. Is the kitten sick?

Attachments

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
This is how much my 2.5mth kitten fur is taken using the glove. Thought kittens do not shed now at this young. Is the kitten sick?
Each cat/kitten is different. They all tend to shed more in hot weather. I got my first kitten when she was 7 weeks old. She rarely shed at all, even when she was an adult. I got her sister (littermate) at 3 months, and she was shedding like crazy. They're both shorthair, so that's not what made the difference. At one point I had 9 shorthair cats and 2 of them did about 95% of the shedding in my house.