Kitten sex

Daisyrose87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kittens are 5 weeks old, what do you think these two are? I have my opinion and wondered if others agreed! Thanks. Two photos of each kitten, one brown and white and one black and white. Thanks!

Attachments

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Black and white....male.
Brown and white...female.
(still a bit hard to tell, though. You'll definitely know in another three weeks...when the testicles develop...or not) :) :cool2:

Can we see some more 'full kitten photos'...because you know we love, love, love kitten/cat photos here. :biggrin: :cloud9:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Daisyrose87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They are two of six but these are the two my children have fallen in love with and we would like to name them! I agree with your opinion, but the mum is not black and white and the dad is and thought boys couldn’t get colouring from their dads!

Attachments

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
They are two of six but these are the two my children have fallen in love with and we would like to name them! I agree with your opinion, but the mum is not black and white and the dad is and thought boys couldn’t get colouring from their dads!
They are absolutely adorable.! :loveeyes::lovecat2:
Thanks so much for the cute photo.:cloud9:

Hopefully, other members will also come along,...and offer their opinions...once they see this thread.

I'm not sure how genetics with cats works,...since there are a lot of recessive and dominant genes...and which genes get passed down, to the next generation is a 'fine science' that gets my head whirling....with math and statistics, etc.
We do have a 'sub forum' that talks about it, from knowledgeable members,...yet I get totally confused...and just appreciate the pictures. :blush: :paperbag:
Describing Cats - What Does My Cat Look Like?

I've never actually heard about dad cats...not being able to pass on their colouring. hmmm.
That would be interesting to know.
(but again,...it would be 'in one ear, out the other'.)

Have you picked out both male and female names....yet?
Or will you wait to know for sure?
Or wait until the 'personalities of the kittens' develop.?

Daisyrose87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The black and white one is named Derek at the moment after Derek Shepherd and think it will keep Derek regardless of its sex! The other will be Rosie if it’s a girl as my daughter has her heart set on it. Currently named Vera (and two others in the litter are Chuck and Dave from the Beatles song)

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
The black and white one is named Derek at the moment after Derek Shepherd and think it will keep Derek regardless of its sex! The other will be Rosie if it’s a girl as my daughter has her heart set on it. Currently named Vera (and two others in the litter are Chuck and Dave from the Beatles song)
Those are all good names. :thumbsup:
I had to look up Derek Shepherd...doctor McDreamy...wow...good name...perfect. perfection...I could go on and on. .:lol::spew:
Yup, he looks like a Derek to me, too.
(or derek and the dominoes...from eric clapton's young days)

Rosie is a very cute name, too. :heartshape:

As are the other names, which I did also have to look up...since I didn't know which Beatles song they were from..."when I'm 64"...which I will now have to go listen to...on youtube. :musicnote: :dazzler::musicnote:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, yeah, being tortie it means she passed the dark color onto the male, but not the modified form (chocolate). It's just a coincidence that he looks like daddy, lol.

Do you think the female kitten is chocolate/lilac? Or blue?

Daisyrose87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She doesn’t look like any other cat I’ve seen, there’s another in the litter with the same colouring. Derek probably being a boy means he will suit his name better! I love the tortoiseshell but these two are gorgeous too and my children love them.
9D4B09B8-D9C3-4552-89EE-FBE60C9BD821.jpeg