Kitten Schedule

Pen'sMomma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was wondering if people could tell me about their kittens' schedules? I want to know what I can add to the schedule of the kitten I am foster/considering keeping.

He eats four meals a day now and I believe he is between 12 and 16 weeks old. so, in four 1-3 hour windows throughout the day, I give him meals and then he plays in my kitchen or outside (while wearing a harness and leash). He plays in my room as well but my room is tiny and I rent the room so the only common area he can play in is the kitchen.

He then takes a nap and he sleeps in my closet because I didn't want him to have to sleep in his carrier anymore but he can't sleep anywhere he wants because he has had too many accidents since moving in and I will wait a while to allow him to do that. Plus my cat is still adjusting to him and being in this tiny room, the kitten is sometimes overwhelming to my cat and he hasn't been vetted yet so I don't want him scratching my cat and giving her something.

If I ever try to keep the kitten awake past 3 hours he becomes another kitten basically and gets super grumpy and starts biting and scratching, but that is the only time he exhibits that kind of behavior. What does your kitten's schedule look like? How much do they sleep and play?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally I would let the kitten sleep according to his will which are his needs. What are you feeding him with?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pen'sMomma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Personally I would let the kitten sleep according to his will which are his needs. What are you feeding him with?
My kitten is 3-4 months old. He eats on his own.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pen'sMomma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, he eats fancy feast and science diet. He eats a little over half a cup of kibble and a can of the fancy feast. I worry a bit about how much water he drinks(over 4 oz) and will bring it up to his vet.