Kitten Ripped Spay Stitch?

kkayadlg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I just got my 10 month old Maine Coon Spayed yesterday! They watched her for a few hours, and when I took her home she was bouncing off the walls and wouldn’t sit still! I tried to put her in the bathroom but she would body slam the door and I was worried she would hurt herself more! I looked at her stitching today and am wondering if this is how it’s supposed to look or if she pulled a stitch out? I’m really worried and the vets office is closed on Saturday’s 🙄

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
While it is important to try to keep your cat calm for a while after spaying, I have had to release all feral females I TRNed after one overnight stay at the vet and no one was the worse for it. Some certainly might have sat under a bush and rested, but a few took off running like mad from the trap and jumped a wall or fence. I agree that the wound looks clean and was probably glued.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The area looks normal to my eyes.
FYI the bouncing around after she came home is just a reaction to clearing the anesthesia from her body. Some cats get lethargic post surgery but others seem to rev up and get a bit nutty. All of our cats fall into the 2nd category.
When our kitten was spayed we kept her in a cat onsie so she wouldn't do anything to her belly but she never really even noticed it I think. We did try to keep her as calm as possible for a few days, certainly not an easy task!