Kitten poop - what brand do you recommend please

Monicangel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi All
My kitten is 7 months old. He leaves brown marka where he sits down after pooping. His poop is not firm... I wouldnt say diaherrea but just not firm. I found blood in his poop yesterday evening and will be taking to the vey today. I give him a mix of pouches (around 2 per day) and dry food (that he eats whenever he wishes). Am thinking he might be allergic to something in the food. Which brands do you recommend for pouches and dry food please?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He may have worms too, most cats do. you might bring in a sample for them to check, or just have them worm him if he hasn't been. I like the Purina Pro plan. There are many grain-free drys out there now. Mainly, I give what they will eat. There are a lot of pouches out there too, I would just look for reviews and go from there. My cats get Whiskas Purrfectly Chicken each night. It looks like chicken and smells good, I have fed it for years.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Monicangel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What are you feeding now?
Thanks! Yes good point - should have mentioned that:
Wet "felix kitten original"
Dry "royal canin british shorthair"

Monicangel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He may have worms too, most cats do. you might bring in a sample for them to check, or just have them worm him if he hasn't been. I like the Purina Pro plan. There are many grain-free drys out there now. Mainly, I give what they will eat. There are a lot of pouches out there too, I would just look for reviews and go from there. My cats get Whiskas Purrfectly Chicken each night. It looks like chicken and smells good, I have fed it for years.
Thank you! With so many brands out there and different reviews it is so helpful to know about specific brands... am a new cat mum 🤭 so sometimes I feel a bit lost. Will take a poop sample to the vet! Great idea

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd wait for the vet appointment because worms may be the cause and that's a fairly simple fix.

As to food, based on the brands it sounds like you are Europe based (although I could be wrong) and I am US based. If you could share your country someone may be able to chime in with other food options. Even if you don't need to change food after the vet appointment, it's still good to know.

Monicangel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'd wait for the vet appointment because worms may be the cause and that's a fairly simple fix.

As to food, based on the brands it sounds like you are Europe based (although I could be wrong) and I am US based. If you could share your country someone may be able to chime in with other food options. Even if you don't need to change food after the vet appointment, it's still good to know.
Thank you!
I am indeed based in Europe. England to be precise

Monicangel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! Started following it now.

Vet gave a special diet for 3 days and medicine. I pray it works because it is concerning not knowing how to help the little one 🙏