Kitten poop falling out of butt

Abc12345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
About 20 minutes ago, I was lying in bed on my phone and my 3 month old kitten came up to me and did a stretch with her butt in my face. Her butthole momentarily extended and I saw a chunk of poop in her butt. It looked as if it could come out any minute so I put my kitten in the litterbox. However, she didn't poop and came back to bed.

Then, again just now, she did a big stretch and her butthole stretched out again. I saw the poo again but this time it was coming out so I put my kitten in the litterbox again. Again, she tried to leave the litterbox but the poop was literally falling out of her ass so I held her there until the poo fell out. It was as if she hadn't felt or noticed anything.

Is this something to be concerned about? How can she not feel poop sliding out her butt?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Abc12345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
About 20 minutes ago, I was lying in bed on my phone and my 3 month old kitten came up to me and did a stretch with her butt in my face. Her butthole momentarily extended and I saw a chunk of poop in her butt. It looked as if it could come out any minute so I put my kitten in the litterbox. However, she didn't poop and came back to bed.

Then, again just now, she did a big stretch and her butthole stretched out again. I saw the poo again but this time it was coming out so I put my kitten in the litterbox again. Again, she tried to leave the litterbox but the poop was literally falling out of her ass so I held her there until the poo fell out. It was as if she hadn't felt or noticed anything.

Is this something to be concerned about? How can she not feel poop sliding out her butt?
Also, the poo looked like regular, solid, round poo.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am by no means an expert, but IF your kitten was going to the litter box on her own before, she might just be a tiny bit constipated. Try adding some drops of olive oil to her food as a starting point and see if she goes back to going on her own. If that doesn't seem to work a tiny pinch of Miralax added to her food can be tried next. After that, a vet visit is in order, just to make sure nothing else is going on.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Along with that, if you are feeding dry food only, you might add in some wet food to her diet. That helps prevent constipation, if that's what the problem is.