Kitten Peeing On Bed

littlekingtrashmouth

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 6 month old kitten has very recently developed an issue with peeing on my bed. He'll do it when I'm home & when im gone. He's the only animal in the house & has a very large liter box that I clean frequently. It's begun within the past month & is becoming even more frequent.

This week we had some friends staying with us who picked him up quite a bit (which I tried to stop as much as I could) & he peed on my bed twice. I spent a little more time away from home this weekend so I think its a behavior thing like him getting mad at me, but I give him LOTS of attention when I'm home & he still cuddles with me all night & gets excited to see me so I dont know how to fix the issue but it really has to stop. He also threw up in my roommates room, but seemed embarrassed & throwing up hasn't really been too bad of an issue so I'm thinking the stress + the fact that he's a long hair cat may have been a contributing factor for that.

I put another litter box out for him & plan to take him to the vet this upcoming week, but just from what it seems I have a suspition its a behavior problem.

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
First most asked question; is he neutered? 6 months to a year he may start developing his marking habits, though 6 months is a bit early it can happen. Getting him neutered now should get him to stop but you might need to keep him out of your room until the hormonal urge to mark stops.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My questions are: 1) Is he neutered? 2) Does he have a UTI or bladder stones? 3) If the answers to the first to questions are yes & no/no ... then what has changed? What is stressing him out & making him feel insecure? (* stray cats encroaching upon his 'territory'/front or back yards could do it.) I'm sorry but it is a guessing game & a process of elimination. Please be patient with him. Also a good enzyme cleaner should help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

littlekingtrashmouth

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
First most asked question; is he neutered? 6 months to a year he may start developing his marking habits, though 6 months is a bit early it can happen. Getting him neutered now should get him to stop but you might need to keep him out of your room until the hormonal urge to mark stops.
he is neutered :/ he was neutered around 3 months old.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Then you need to eliminate a physical problem with the vet & then if you get the all clear you can work on behavior. Cats don't just pee out of the box for no reason. Which brings me back to asking, has anything changed? Is there a reason your boy might be stressed or insecure?