Kitten Peeing Many Times A Day

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kitten in this thread
Young Kitten With Several Issues - Possible Felv
is doing much better, but there's something that I think isn't quite right.

She uses the litter tray a lot!
Yesterday she peed 12 times in 24 h, and pooped twice, sometimes it also poops three times a day. This is happening since I have her home.
Then there are times during the day when she goes to the litter tray, digs a lot and doesn't produce anything.
She eats 30-35 grams of kitten dry food a day, and 140 grams of wet food, that may be particularly "wet", she drinks normally.

All of this is a huge waste of time for me, because in order to keep her litter clean I have to work full time after her. She's also very smart, as soon as has used the litter she calls me loud to say
"Hey, servant, clean my bathroom now!" :lol:

The vet saw her on saturday, said that everything is just perfect and I don't have to worry for some pee... But I think there's something wrong.

Any advice? Thanks :)

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't honestly remember how many times my cats went when kittens. now its usually pee about 2 to 4 times and 1 poop. Maybe have another vet visit, or a different vet?

My cats are a bit picky too, on using an already used litter box, so i added a few more throughout the house. a few of them even sit right beside each other. That might help you a bit, if she has another few clean options you wouldn't have to scoop as often? I normally scoop all my boxes 4 times per day, and it really doesn't taken much longer to do a few more. Good luck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't honestly remember how many times my cats went when kittens. now its usually pee about 2 to 4 times and 1 poop. Maybe have another vet visit, or a different vet?

My cats are a bit picky too, on using an already used litter box, so i added a few more throughout the house. a few of them even sit right beside each other. That might help you a bit, if she has another few clean options you wouldn't have to scoop as often? I normally scoop all my boxes 4 times per day, and it really doesn't taken much longer to do a few more. Good luck.
Hi duckpond duckpond , thanks for your reply.
I'm just fostering this kitten that I had found at the end of last year. She had some health issues and I'm trying to get her better until it's time to re-home her. She lives in a section of the house with all she needs, there's no room for another tray.
She has had a visit with a vet on Sat morning and the vet said it's fine to pee several times a day, but it's so strange to me. The other cat in the house is much elder and she only pees 2-3 times a day, probaly kittens pee more often?

Tomorrow she'll have a visit with an ophtamologist to see if her eye is really lost or it can be restord to its original beauty :)
I'll try ask her.