Kitten not thriving

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wildnotions

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
More questions and news about Stripe. She is up from 11oz. to 11.7 oz in three days' time. I thought with the feedings 4-5 daily) she would be more active but she virtually holds still and sleeps most of the time usually cuddled by her mom or littermates but sometimes by herself. I'm trying not to get too depressed about her lethargy. Am I expecting too much from her?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Perhaps! She seems to have a shy personality in general, and is a mama’s girl. My female kitten was like that, smaller than her 3 brothers but not underweight. They were too boisterous for her! Five years later, she has never played with them, and prefers to stay next to her mom all the time.

So, I think focusing on Stripe’s feedings and weight gain and overall growth and development is most important right now. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wildnotions

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So sad to say that we lost Stripe. She just was not rallying even with increased feedings and seemed a bit miserable. I have been beating myself up for not doing more, but perhaps this was more of an issue of being premature. Anyway- it is what it is. I am at the moment just trying to find joy in the healthy, happy three other kittens remaining in the litter. Thanks to all for your help and well wishes. So appreciated!