Kitten not interested in litter

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The tuna gave him diarrhea. Get him on a steady diet of dry kitten chow and chicken flavor wet food. He needs to stay on the same foods every day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kiwikinon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’ll try that first thing in the morning !
I did try kitten wet food, I first tried One with pieces of salmon, he liked it but I though it could be hard to chew, so I switched to one easier to chew and he didn’t even want to try, (I tried different flavors rabbit, chicken and even salmon) that’s when I tried tuna, with some milk (appropriate for kittens)
sorry i can’t explain myself very well in English as it’s not my first language.
Thanks for the responses, I’ll keep you updated:salute:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You are doing fine with your English! :)

Use only poultry flavors, and make sure it’s just smooth pate style. Mix it with milk to make a gruel that is easy to lap and swallow. You can also soften hard kitten chow with his milk. It’s easier to eat when soft initially. Also let him lick food from your finger, then show him the food on a flat plate. A plate is easier for tiny kittens than a bowl.

Kiwikinon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thx he’s eating well now !
I called the vet as soon as it opened and he said not to worry about his belly and that it just worms but still :cringe:
His poop is solid tho :yess:
He sleeps a lot and plays well so It’s a good sign !

Kiwikinon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys !
Now my boy has been pooping too much, he pooped at list 6 times in one and half day, it all looked normal but his last one was diarrhea.
Is it because his adjusting to the food ?

Kiwikinon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello !
My baby is now pooping less frequently but I’m wondering about the color it’s brown (not dark) is it ok ?
He is now eating hydrated dry food, to make it soft (chicken flavored)
I’m wondering about a kitten’s sleep schedule, I read that he has to sleep up to 20h ?
I feel like today he is sleeping way less, even tho I play a lot with him. His longest nap was 2h.
he is sleeping in a quiet room and I close the blinds when he is sleeping.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Brown poop is fine. He will sleep when he is tired. Not every day is the same, and that’s okay!

Kiwikinon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok thank you, It’s just that I fall asleep when I see him sleeping, and when I open my eyes he’s already awake ! I was just confused ! :crazy:

Kiwikinon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys ! I hope you’re all doing great ! :wave3:
my kitten is doing great, no more food or litter problems, but he’s been itching on his shoulder (only on one spot) for a few days, I left him with a family member for literally half an hour, and now he has hella big wound, his fur came out:bawling:, (I usually stop him from scratching and he doesn’t even insist so it’s pretty easy)
I’m taking him to the vet first thing in the morning !
any idea what it could be ? Fleas maybe !

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Fleas are the likely culprit, but once they get a hot spot they need the vet. Likely treatment will be cortisone and antibiotics, plus a flea treatment. All will stop scratching and inflammation so he can get better.

Kiwikinon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your response !! :blush:
i went to the vet he said it might be an allergic reaction (to fleas) nothing too concerning, he gave him a flea treatment and some vaccine too ! Fortunately it was caught pretty early so there wasn’t much,I also bathed him a few days ago, thinking it might sooth him.
Do you know any tips for house cleaning ? He tried to sell me a 60$ product and you need to leave the house for hours, I don’t have either the money or time, so I’m going to have to clean everything by myself !

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Regular vacuuming and washing of bedding will kill fleas and eggs. You can also buy a flea comb and use it on him.

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your response !! :blush:
i went to the vet he said it might be an allergic reaction (to fleas) nothing too concerning, he gave him a flea treatment and some vaccine too ! Fortunately it was caught pretty early so there wasn’t much,I also bathed him a few days ago, thinking it might sooth him.
Do you know any tips for house cleaning ? He tried to sell me a 60$ product and you need to leave the house for hours, I don’t have either the money or time, so I’m going to have to clean everything by myself !
They also sell flea spray, you can spray it on everything.
dawn soap and flea comb does the job too. It’s like lice, dawn soap doesn’t kill them but helps paralyzed them to give you enough time to comb them out.

Kiwikinon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I cleaned the whole house, got white sheets and all (he likes to sleep on my pillows :), pretty sure there is no more fleas.
my kitten got treated but he’s still scratching, maybe it’s too soon to tell, but the vet also said he’s not sure if fleas are the reason of his allergie because there is no testing for cats.
Personally, I don’t think their was any fleas in the first place because, first of all I’m afraid of any bugs, like TERRIFED, so every time I see some black dot in my room I call my mom to inspect it :lol: Also, I bathed him a few days before I took him to the vet, and he has really short hair at some places so when he’s wet you can see his skin very clearly, I inspected him carefully and saw nothing.
I’m thinking that way mostly because the vet just spanked (??) his butt above a sink and assumed he had fleas, he didn’t combed him or put water on the fallout (which was not much). Anyway I followed his instructions, so it should be ok !

Kiwikinon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have an emergency ! I’m trying out different brand of litter, and my kitten seems to LOVE playing with the new litter (he used the same one a few month ago and it was fine) now he’s just digging and digging and likes to lay down in it, I’m pretty sure even he ate some ! I don’t know how to let him know that it’s not a new game, What would I do for the night ? Lock the door or not ?