Kitten not getting satisfied with food

lomofirefly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Right now my 7 month old kitten eats mainly Fancy Feast Classics and Merrick she's happy with her wet food but she just doesn't seem happy or interested in her dry which tbh im glad she's more interested in wet but its a bummer when I spend money on her "treats" for her not to like them that much.

She gets 1/4 of dry Instinct Kitten and Tiki Kitten neither she shows much interest in anymore. She used to love it oh about 3 months ago but now she's like "eh I could have a v8" (wow did I just age myself?) I wanted to change things up for her with a good grain free food so I thought Dr. Elsey but from what I have read the new batches seem to not be so good anymore, Acana and Orijen might be to rich and well im bummed. I wanted to get her the best but it seems like there really isn't a "best" kitten/cat food all seem to have drawbacks or maybe I'm reading too many reviews.

I guess I could take her dry away and just give her treats but I don't want her to think she's being punished or in trouble she likes to graze at night when we are asleep (not good I know but I don't have a timed wet feeder yet)

anyways I guess my question is has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone else get caught up reading ingredients and reviews and second guess whatever they have purchased immediately afterwards?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Ingredients I always look at. Reviews don't make since. What one cat likes another may not. Sometimes companies will give you samples. One thread on here is the cat food deals forum. I use catfooddb.com to look at ingredients

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lomofirefly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wonder if there is something in the Tiki or Instinct cat food that she has decided she doesn't like. I know she's not a huge fan of fish, she will eat it but only after she gets tired of chicken, turkey and beef.

She does seem to get more "eye buggers/allergies" eating instinct maybe its an allergy of some sort.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Instinct has ingredients not found in other food. Maggie likes weruva steak fries,Peaches fancy feast classics and nutro perfect portions,Coco will eat anything that's pate. Anything my other cats don't like she will eat

lomofirefly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Then I wonder if it is the Instinct that is causing the allergies 🤔 she may have a sensitive tummy. When she found us she was just a kitten and we did our best to give her replacement milk but she didn't do well with wet food for quite some time (she would run us out of the room after she ate) that doesn't happen as much anymore but she sneezes or has eye allergies. I used to think it was because we live in the south it was simply pollen but looking back it could be something in her food.

lomofirefly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has anyone used Farmina Kitten? It appears to be the chicken and pomegranate flavors.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitten food is adult food. My cats did not like chicken and pomegranate canned. So don't know about dry

chelsmarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I recently switched to Dr. Elsey and my cat loves it. She gets a tablespoon or so alongside her wet food daily. The recent reviews are true, it has become very crumbly but I believe the ingredients to be very good for a dry food. My cat gobbles up the little bits same as the whole pieces. The only other dry food I contemplated was Only Natural Pet PowerFusion, but that can be even harder to find than Dr. Elsey’s.

lomofirefly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had wondered about the recent reviews saying that its crumbly or maybe not the same as before but Chewy has a small bag for about $15 might be worth trying.