Kitten not eating

Val622

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten seems to go in spurts of eating and not eating. I definitely don’t think she eats as much as she should but she has an appetite because she wants whatever we’re eating. Is it safe to try different cat foods to see if she likes something better. She’s on wellness core soft food now. Sometime i will put it out and she will gobble it up other times I end up throwing it away. Wasting a lot of soft food.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You could give her a little of something new to see if she prefers it and if she does, slower transmission her onto it, one meal a day for a couple of days then 2 meals a day snd so on. Switching completely straight away may well cause her to have diarrhoea .

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have an idiot that eats Young Again dry food and 3x a day she eats just a little wet. She's diabetic so she gets fancy feast classic pates. But! She doesn't like the same thing twice. She's an awful bother, but I have to constantly alternate the different flavors. I taught have 2 different open ones per day.
She sucks.😄
Also, I live in VA with the weather constantly up and down & their appetites change with it too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Val622

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How are things progressing?
I tried blue Buffalo only because that’s what she started on but i wanted something ether for her . She seems to like that more now. I just want the best food for her but she seems to like that worst. Like Purina kitten chow. She’s 5.2 pounds at about 4.5 months. Also our vet said she should be getting dry food with a little wet.

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Always encourage wet. I've had 3 seniors due from kidney failure and it sucks. A dry only/most diet helps lead to that.