Kitten Not Eating

Archie6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 3 months old kitten is not eating anything. Last he ate 12 hours ago. Now he is just smelling, licking and that's it. Normally he eats after every 6 hours. I don't understand what's wrong with him. He is not active and continuously sleeping.

recurringecho

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A vet visit is in order. Suddenly not eating and not active is are signs that something is wrong.

On another note, did you change the food recently?

Last edited:

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, your cat needs to see a vet as soon as possible. These are all signs that something is wrong.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Archie6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A vet visit is in order. Suddenly not eating and not active is are signs that something is wrong.

On another note, did you change the food recently?
No, I did not change the food but two days ago I fed him a few bits of boiled chicken pieces. He loved them. Which I am not giving now. Otherwise I am feeding his regular diet that includes his kitten food, rice and sometimes milk.

recurringecho

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Milk as in cow's milk? How much? Did you give him that recently? If you're giving him cow's milk, that could be the problem. Cats are lactose intolerant and it can make them sick. Goat milk is fine, but if you really want to give him milk as a treat, kitten milk alternatives is best.

dhammagirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Rice?
I know lots of commercial cat food contains rice, but that’s just a cheap filler that should be avoided.

And as recurringecho says, avoid the milk, except for kitten milk that’s especially for cats.

Time for a vet visit to be sure it’s nothing more serious than an upset tummy.