Kitten not eating wet food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Beebster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I switched her to all life stages a couple months ago because before I was getting her kitten food.
She started off on Meow Mix and it was like crack to her, she would gobble up that dry food like it was going out of style.
Now that I made the switch to the Cat Chow, she seems to take her time more with eating.....still not the best, but I think the ingredients are just slightly better than any of the Meow Mix, so maybe it's a little more fulfilling to her.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you sure she didn't get nauseated while eating the canned food? Sometimes cats associate the canned food with not feeling well and will avoid it.

Did you ever give her pills or medication mixed with the canned? She might associate it with the bitter taste of medicine if you have done this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Beebster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are you sure she didn't get nauseated while eating the canned food? Sometimes cats associate the canned food with not feeling well and will avoid it.

Did you ever give her pills or medication mixed with the canned? She might associate it with the bitter taste of medicine if you have done this.
None of the above.
She's truly been her normal self otherwise, just whatever aversion to wet food is totally random at this point.