Kitten Nikita

Wags

My Niki
Adult Cat
Purraise
View media item 419472I know I joined a couple of months ago but I didn't get to this page till now. After being overseas for a couple of years it was time to settle back in and find a a room mate. Nikita joined me after being returned by her first adopted family as she has a slight eye colour fault - so she kind of is a rescue in a way (she is a pure bred Russian Blue and as soon as the breeders sent photos of her face it was too late, I was in love). She is an adorable bundle of cuddles with the sweetest nature, her hilarious traits include
- not only twitching while dreaming, but kind of moving her mouth like she is mumbling
- if I pick up a rattle ball she races down the hall and then turns like a goal keeper
- selective hearing when it comes to commands especially 'no' and 'get down'
- attacking stuffed toys untill they are no longer stuffed

I am a one cat at a time person so its just the two of us so we are both spoiled with attentionView media item 419431View media item 419477

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wags

My Niki
Adult Cat
Purraise
View media item 419472View media item 419574
Some more recent shots of my shoulder riding Nikita :) she is just shy of 7.5 months now. I love the ghost rings on her tail but alas they will fade when she is grown (well they should). We have had a few vet visits recently, nothing serious - we did establish that she is quite small for her age so I am keeping an eye on her teeth development as they are coming in a bit slow.
Still the most affectionate beautiful girl - hilarious when playing with her toys, pushes everything off the table and drinks out of my water glass all the time :)

Wags

My Niki
Adult Cat
Purraise
Niki had really bad conjunctiveitis and her corneas are scratched so the are a little foggy and will never be emerald green they are green but a little muddy. I think they were quite bad when she was first sold and her vision not so good. They have improved alot and she sppears to see fine now :)

Wags

My Niki
Adult Cat
Purraise
Exactly - I thought it might have been because they wanted to show her, but I spoke to the original purchaser and because Niki was still young and her eyes hadn't really recovered she had been bumping into and falling off furniture and the owner was at work during the day and felt guilty about her potentially hurting herself. Good for me but a shame for her because Niki seems to have great vision now and has such a sweet nature and really loves cuddles. I have actually never had a cat who is so tolerant of being held and patted

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got our kitten at a few weeks old from some people we now think got her for themselves however never told us she was always being sick and bites and scratches . We thought it was strange when we picked her up she had no litter mates (nor a mum) and we were given the kitten along with a bowl (dirty I might add) , a feeding mat and some cheap worming liquid (at least they tried) . She's still a madam with the odd bite , however daily sickness went after months of finding the right diet for her (madam won't eat cheap stuff)!! We love her to bits so glad they never have her the chance

Wags

My Niki
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hear you about the food situation - Niki seems to have very sensetive digestion (maybe a lasting effect of her illness) she will eat anything, but was either vomiting it up later or loose stools. Now its good quality dry food and cooked chicken/beef mince. Of course being the only country that eats the animal on its coat of arms there is lots of kangaroo meat sold as pet food as well - she doesn't seem to like that as much ;)
Gracie (?) is very pretty and she must be close in age to Niki (DOB 21/12/16) I am glad you found the right food for her (its always the expensive stuff right !) its so distressing when they are sick.

Wags

My Niki
Adult Cat
Purraise
View media item 419577Its really hard to get a photo of her eyes because they either reflect the light or she won't look at me ... this is the best I could do - so a sort of 'mussy' green they are quite a beatiful shade, just not as bright as the technically should be. She is so pretty ❤

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's has beautiful eyes ! Like I said their loss ! There is about 3 months difference in age . When we picked gracie up we were told she was 8 weeks however when we took her to vets a week later they weighed her and said she was circa 7 weeks ! I've calculated about 28th September so we will celebrate Her 1st birthday then . Going to buy her a cat fountain (sad I know ) but she's my fur baby . My partner got her for me when I couldn't get over loss of my baby . Doesn't replace but helps me .. Sorry I digress its your post ! So happy you have Niki ! I love Australia would love to go back however so far

Wags

My Niki
Adult Cat
Purraise
View media item 419623Hi there, I am sorry for your loss :(
Lovely to have your beautiful fur baby to keep you company. Yes we are a long way I have very close friends in London who I visited last September, but was living in north America so was only 11-12 hour flight (only Australians say that like its just around the corner lol) I will probably come back sometime next year for a visit. Niki is going to be quite a small cat - at nearly 8 months is only 2.5 kilos (5.6 pounds) my shoulders are scratched to bits - she is quite good at staying up there but digs her claws in.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View media item 419577Its really hard to get a photo of her eyes because they either reflect the light or she won't look at me ... this is the best I could do - so a sort of 'mussy' green they are quite a beatiful shade, just not as bright as the technically should be. She is so pretty ❤
Wags Wags - She's just beautiful, and her head contours and ear set (and especially her fabulous coat) remind me more than a little of Barry and Sharon Bryant's cats at Barishka Cattery, up north of Melbourne:

barishka cattery australia - Google Search

She's really a dazzler, isn't she?

Wags

My Niki
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's really a dazzler, isn't she?
.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, she is a very nice looking cat (and she knows it haha) Last time we were at the vet they commented on her excellent coat condition so I take it as a sign Nikita is happy. I had a quick look through her papers to see if there was an Barishka in her lineage - but no. She is from Krasavitsa in South Australia (I am in Melbourne) - with too many lines to name them all but quite a few Odessa and Siblu, she has a smattering of white ancestry also mostly Riverlight.
Niki has a beautiful nature too, when we are not running around playing she will sit for hours on my knees or shoulder purring away; and she doesn't seem as skitish as russians are known to be .... actually follows me around the apartment when I am vacuuming!!!