Kitten, Mange or Flea allergy?

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found this little kitten with scabs and missing fur on her ears. Kitty experts, do you think it is mange or a flea allergy?

ItchyKitten1.jpg
ItchyKitten2.jpg
Itchykitten3.jpg

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a tough call, but it looks a bit more like a flea allergy. The mange I have dealt with in the past always seems to have a pink-ish ting to the skin.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a tough call, but it looks a bit more like a flea allergy. The mange I have dealt with in the past always seems to have a pink-ish ting to the skin.
Thanks, I gave the kitten a Capstar to get rid of the flea's. I'm worried because I got a terrible rash from bathing a kitty with mange before I knew what it was once. The itching is horrible.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Flea-bite dermatitis from being bitten and then scratching. Kitten needs a flea bath and then regular flea meds like Advantage II for Kittens applied topically once per month. If the sores are infected the kitten will need antibiotics and possibly a cortisone shot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Flea-bite dermatitis from being bitten and then scratching. Kitten needs a flea bath and then regular flea meds like Advantage II for Kittens applied topically once per month. If the sores are infected the kitten will need antibiotics and possibly a cortisone shot.
Thank you! I'm glad it's not mange.