Kitten Litter Problems

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SK95

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What if you left a litterbox empty, and also put a plastic bag that she used in one of the other boxes?
I’ll give that a go I’ll leave a small plastic bag out something and try and put that in the litter box.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I read that cat attract litter has a woodsy - outdoorsy odor to cats, so maybe you could also try some unfertilized potting soil/dirt?

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need a new vet, no matter how far the drive is. This one doesn't seem to have the faintest idea about cats. Metcap is a pain killer and an expensive one. You are throwing your money away. The longer your kit is sick the worse you will feel. Just because there is a large practice and a group of vets doesn't mean they know about animals or care.

SK95

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah I agree I’m going to look around for a better vet.

I did my own research and luckily stopped the medication.

Molly&Marvin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've used litter kwitter for both my cats ! Google it you can buy the kit online it comes with an instructional video that will help you understand how it works and how to train, it might help get her redirected to the toilet as the only option for relieving herself

Hey everyone

I thought I’d give you a little update.

Till a couple of days ago she hasn’t had any other incidents as she has been pooing and weeing in the litter tray.

However yesterday she weed in my weekend bag that was opened.

Today she’s weed on a plastic pram cover my sister wasn’t too happy at least it was easy to clean.

I have also tried giving her a treat every time I see her use the litter tray.

I’ve never heard of the litter kwitter. Sounds great not sure how she’ll respond to it. Anybody used it before? Any tips? Not sure it will still stop her from weeing on bags though?

Thanks again everyone for the advice :)
Snapchat-1187749757.jpg

SK95

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've used litter kwitter for both my cats ! Google it you can buy the kit online it comes with an instructional video that will help you understand how it works and how to train, it might help get her redirected to the toilet as the only option for relieving herself

View attachment 279114
Wow I would love my kitty to be able to use the toilet like that.

Did you have any trouble or issues to overcome when training your cat to use the toilet?

Molly&Marvin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I did, the one cat in the photo was disobedient going from step to step, she would have accidents in my bed and laundry. I learned that was because she was uncomfortable and stressed. I monitored her potty use as much as possible, using good praises, treats and positive encouragement. She adventually got more comfortable with it and completed the training and we dont have any accidents anymore